The Senior Executive – Social Media & Marketing will be reporting to the Manager – Social Media & Marketing and she/he supports the Communications Departments in maintaining the efficiency and effectiveness of the Public Relations of the Kingsbury Hotel working within the systems and standards set up by the Kingsbury Brand and the policies and procedures dictated by the General Manager.
The responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities but according to the necessity of the operations.
• Build positive highly effective Social Media & Marketing activities of the Kingsbury Hotel that works towards achieving Hotel, Residence & Corporate goals which results in high performance and maximum productivity.
• To assist with implementing a social media strategy and create content on a daily basis for each outlet (8) Facebook and Instagram pages to be aligned to the brand personality.
• Respond to all online queries within 2 to 24 hours
• Monitoring the boosting expenses according to the allocated budget and give reports to the manager.
• Planning the yearly blogger/influencer calendar to create a promotion strategy of the hotel
• Looking for relevant bloggers and influencers, international and local, to promote the hotel on a barter basis
• Evaluating the calibre of the blogger, the following, the audience, alignment to the hotel's target
• Assist in coordinating photoshoots/Video shoots
• Ensure the resort's photography library is maintained and updated
• Possess a high level of knowledge about the hotel services and facilities, current and upcoming promotions, and that the information provided to tour operators and travel agencies is accurate and current.
• Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and ensure that all customer queries or requests are handled in a polite and efficient manner.
• Organizing the yearly calendar and maintaining its accuracy
• Assisting with the creation of the design and providing the copy
• Ensuring the publication of live updates and post event updates
• Ensure all materials adhere to specified brand standards and implement brand quality control checks on all resort media and marketing materials
• Liaising with current activities happening in Colombo to use their exposure for the benefit of the hotel
• Analyzing the competition's activity on a weekly basis to be in line with the trend
• Prospecting new collaboration opportunities with influence companies in Colombo.
• Prospecting new technologies to improve the hotel's marketing
• Closely monitor the costs incurred by the department.
• Maintaining a track sheet of all expenses related to the credit card
• Minimum O-Levels or Equivalent
• Diploma or Degree in Public Relations / Marketing or similar
• Fluency in written and spoken English – fluency in one other European language (French, German) is highly desirable